Search This Blog

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Kokeshi 2009

It seems as if this summer is already flying by. I guess it doesn't help that I am working on a project for Christmas too in sunny Miami Beach. I decided it was time for me to start a blog. I have lots of goodies coming out this fall and I wanted a place where I could share about the ideas and process of creating them.

Next week I move to BAC(Bakehouse Art Complex). It will be my new studio space and a chance to meet other great local artists. That said I have been packing boxes upon boxes of robot parts and tools. I have discovered a few things I forgot I had but I am sure I will lose something else from the move. Moving machinery is always such fun... right.

Next month begins the KOKESHI: From Folk Art to Art Toy show at the Japanese American National Museum July 11 - Oct. 4. The exhibition showcases over 100 artists and is organized by the Los Angeles Toy and Doll Museum. It is the brainchild of illustrator/designer Christina Conway. I had a great time designing these and digging thru boxes and bins looking for their parts.
Before I sent off mine I took a few photographs:


















No comments:

Post a Comment